54°
The Student News Site of Christ the King Jesuit High School

The Shield

Breaking News
  • Good luck Boys Basketball as they host the 2nd Annual Thanksgiving Classic Tournament this week! Tip off M-T 7pm, W 12:30pm HERE!
  • Good luck GIRLS BASKETBALL at the MPA Thanksgiving Tournament this week (@ Morgan Park)

The Shield

The Shield

Our Milkshake Brings All the Dogs to the Yard

Stray canine hits the jackpot with an entire school community ready to adopt!

On Monday, October 2, 2023, our school, Christ the King, got a very cute surprise outside their doors. Around 3:45 p.m., students started to notice a well-behaved stray dog lingering outside the doors of the school. Many students believe the dog was a runaway, but no one could figure out where it came from. The dog was found wearing a collar, but there was no owner around or who came looking for the dog. The dog caused a lot of commotion for the students, but not in a bad way.

Everyone who met the dog staff and students had nothing but good words to say. They all said how sweet and calm the dog was, as many students were petting it. Even some students claim the dog ran inside the school but was placed back out for safety reasons. As much as everyone loved the cute and sweet dog, there was the problem of what we were going to do with the dog because no one wanted to leave the dog alone with nowhere to go. Thankfully for the students and the dog, our sophomore biology teacher, Mr. Kim, was willing to take the dog home with him for the time being.

This pooch is not camera shy!
It’ll be hard to leave the comforts of Mr. Kim’s place!
Getting tired after wandering the neighborhood.

What future is in store for this beautiful canine?  Will he become a permanent member of the Kim household?  Could he be adopted by someone in the CTK family?  Or…could he become our official school mascot.  Now, off to scour Amazon for a dog-sized gladiator helmet.

View Comments (1)
Donate to The Shield
$0
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Christ the King Jesuit High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment, invest in journalism training, and cover our annual website hosting costs.