54°
The Student News Site of Christ the King Jesuit High School

The Shield

Breaking News
  • Good luck Boys Basketball as they host the 2nd Annual Thanksgiving Classic Tournament this week! Tip off M-T 7pm, W 12:30pm HERE!
  • Good luck GIRLS BASKETBALL at the MPA Thanksgiving Tournament this week (@ Morgan Park)

The Shield

The Shield

Anime Review: Soul Eater Has It All

Anime newbies and veterans alike will appreciate this perfect balance of thrilling fight scenes and heartfelt moments in this acclaimed series.
Image Courtesy of www.wallpaperflare.com

I think Soul Eater is an amazing anime that you should check out!! It’s filled with intense action, fascinating characters, and a great storyline that will keep you on the edge of your seat from start to finish. The anime follows four students at the Death Weapon Meister Academy as they battle evil souls and witches, while also trying to navigate the challenges of being a student and teenager. Each of the main protagonists undergoes significant character growth throughout the series. The relationships between the meisters and weapons are portrayed in a deeply meaningful way; they emphasize the importance of trust and friendship in their partnerships.

What makes Soul Eater so great is its perfect balance of thrilling fight scenes and heartfelt moments. The characters are incredibly well-written, each with their own unique quirks and abilities, making it easy for viewers to find someone to root for. Plus, the animation is stunning, bringing the exciting battles and the magical world of the Death Weapon Meister Academy to life in a visually pleasing way combined with the excellent soundtrack that sets the mood and intensity of various scenes in the anime. 

If you’re a fan of supernatural powers, unique art styles, and slight dark humor, Soul Eater has it all. The show’s surprising plot twists and character development make it a standout anime in the dark fantasy genre. Whether you’re new to anime or a veteran anime fan, like me, Soul Eater offers a fantastic and entertaining plot that you won’t want to miss out on watching! “What’s the point of worrying about the past? A real star keeps moving forward.” -Black Star.

View Comments (2)
Donate to The Shield
$0
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Christ the King Jesuit High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment, invest in journalism training, and cover our annual website hosting costs.