63°
The Student News Site of Christ the King Jesuit High School

The Shield

Breaking News
  • Good luck Boys Basketball as they host the 2nd Annual Thanksgiving Classic Tournament this week! Tip off M-T 7pm, W 12:30pm HERE!
  • Good luck GIRLS BASKETBALL at the MPA Thanksgiving Tournament this week (@ Morgan Park)

The Shield

The Shield

Raices Club Visit to the National Museum of Mexican Art is MUY DELICIOSA!

Celebrating the Day of the Dead is not only a deeply meaningful time to honor our ancestors, but also thoughtfully appreciate Hispanic culture.

On October 27, the Raices club celebrated Day of the Dead (Dia de los Muertos) at the National Museum of Mexican Art. Day of the Dead is a way for people to remember the deceased and celebrate their memory and it typically is celebrated on the first two days of November.

A few camera-shy members of Raices!

I was there! I had fun. Going there made me want to go to art museums because you can see the effort in every single art piece. I would talk about every single one but no one feels like reading all of that, and more importantly I don’t feel like typing all of that.

We also had lunch! Everybody else had the School Lunch special, but I  decided to be extra and order my 2 steak tacos, with onions and cilantro, 2 quesadillas, with a side of avocado. Everybody ordered an horchata, though, well, except for the adults. The food was delicious, and if you’re looking for somewhere to eat, I’d recommend going here at Los Comales on 18th street in Pilsen. I will say that during Saturdays, the place tends to be extremely compact. Also, show me love to profé, Sr. Linhares, for paying for our lunch! Que tenga un buen día!