70°
The Student News Site of Christ the King Jesuit High School

The Shield

Breaking News
  • Good luck Boys Basketball as they host the 2nd Annual Thanksgiving Classic Tournament this week! Tip off M-T 7pm, W 12:30pm HERE!
  • Good luck GIRLS BASKETBALL at the MPA Thanksgiving Tournament this week (@ Morgan Park)

The Shield

The Shield

The Legend of the G-Lord

Jaylen Jones
Mr. Kevin Gallmeier can be found in room 315..or behind his drum set playing for TWO rock bands: Blak Swan and Lizzie and the Rockers

Who is this G-Lord?  Is he a saint that we’re going to learn about in Religion?  Is he an historical figure?  Well, yes…to both.  Let’s sit down and get to know one of the most beloved teachers at CTK:  Mr. Kevin Gallmeier.

Mr. Gallmeier has been supporting students here at CTK for well over ten years now, currently teaching Freshman Civics.  “I started as a sophomore scripture teacher and sophomore world history before becoming a civics teacher.”  

In addition to his teaching responsibilities, Gallmeier also was a vital part of the Football program.  “My best experience was starting the football program here was becoming the head coach.” At the end of the 22-23 season, Gallmeier retired from coaching, proud of the foundational work that set the program up for a strong future.  

“One thing students have taught me is the commitment to being successful, their commitment to CWSP, and their love for each other.”  

So…how did he come to be called G-Lord?  It all started with this graduating class of seniors (Class of 2024) They started to call him G-Lord during their sophomore year, and the name has stuck ever since.

Mr. Gallmeier has been a pillar of support and love to all students for years now. All the joy and love and compassion he sees in students, we have gotten from him. Whatever you call him Mr. Gallmeier , G-Lord, or Mr. G – you cannot deny that he is full of love.